- You Cannot Save Here, Winner of the 2022 Jean Feldman Poetry Prize
- Out of Step: A Memoir, Winner of the 2019 Lambda Literary Award in Bisexual Nonfiction
- Out of Step: A Memoir, named to the 2019 Over the Rainbow List, the annual bibliography of notable LGBTQ+ titles from the America Library Association
- “NGC 7365,” Winner of the 2019 Knott Poetry Prize from Clarion Magazine
- Winner of the 2019 Adele V. Holden Award for Creative Excellence, poetry
- Winner of the 2018 Adele V. Holden New Voices Award, poetry
- Out of Step: A Memoir, Winner of the 2017 Non/Fiction Prize from The Journal and The Ohio State University Press
“Teaching and Writing True Stories Through Feminist, Womanist and Black Feminist Epistemologies.” Assay: A Journal of Nonfiction Studies. University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, 2020.
Selected Work in Literary Journals
“Asking for PrEP.” Voicemail Poems. 2022.
“A Body in Pretty Boy.” Windfall Room. 2022.
“Misreading.” Cotton Xenomorph. 2020.
“Who Makes It.” and “Drowning is an Apparent and Unexpected Recurrent Cause of Mass Mortality of Common Starlings.” Poet Lore. Washington, DC. 2020.
“Aubade for an Ending That Doesn’t Arrive” MWA 2020 Anthology. Maryland Writers Association. 2020
Untitled Poem, Exquisite Ekphrastic Project. The Light Ekphrastic. Baltimore, 2020
“Great Basin.” Baltimore Beat, Baltimore, Maryland. 2019.
“You Cannot Save Here.” Hobart. Chicago, Illinois. 2019.
“You Cannot Save Here.” Voicemail Poems. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 2019
“You Cannot Save Here.” Cartridge Lit. 2019.
“NGC 7365” Clarion Magazine. Boston, Massachusetts. 2019.
“A Jumpmaster in Dupont Circle.” Little Patuxent Review. Columbia, Maryland. 2017.
“Wrong as Two Boys, pt. II.” The Journal, Ohio State University. Columbus, Ohio. 2017.
“After Star Stuff.” Minetta Review, Fall 2016. New York University, 2016.
“Orpheus with the Awkward Foot” and “His Highness.” Baltimore Ekphrastic Project. 2015.
“Memento and other poems.” Assaracus, Issue 15. Sibling Rivalry Press, 2014.
“Going Out” Gertrude Journal. Gertrude Press, 2013.
Editing Work with Presses and Journals
Columnist and Contributor, Baltimore City Paper (2014 – 2017)
Portrait of the War President as an Artist
James Franco is Not a Queer Poet
Wide Stance: Can transgender war hero Kristin Beck unseat House institution Steny Hoyer?
Mount Vernon keeps changing, but can it remain the gayborhood?
Wide Stance: The Hippo is closing, but in a city like Baltimore, what’s the point of a gay bar?
Contributor, Baltimore Gay Life (2012 – 2014)